College & Career Readiness
College and Career Readiness classes are for adults who already have foundational skills and pretest at the adult secondary level. As part of their identified career pathways, students prepare for the high school equivalency test (GED®, National External Diploma Program (NEDP), or the Virginia Placement Test, workforce preparation activities, entering or retaining employment, entering post-secondary education or training, including an accelerated integrated education and training programs. Contact the Local Coordinator in your area for more information on what they offer.
College Readiness Resources
- Virginia Community Colleges provides information about what community college system offers Central Virginia Community College (CVCC): Apply to CVCC, request college information, admissions, programs of study and more.
- Virginia Education Wizard: Let the Wizard help you choose a career, find the college that is right for you, pay for college, transfer from a community college to a university, and get answers to your questions about your future.
- College for Adults: This website will help you with career planning, college selection and the application process. They will also suggest ways to find money to pay for college, and direct you to resources to help you prepare for college-level work.
- FAFSA Information: For all the information needed to apply for financial aid.
- Federal Student Aid: Student Financial Aid Toolkit
Career Readiness Resources
- Virginia Employment Commission
- Virginia Workforce Connection
- CareerOneStop: Valuable resource for those who have been laid off from their jobs
- Military Careers: The armed forces can help you build your career while serving your country
- "My Next Move": The U.S. Department of Labor helps you figure out "what am I going to do for a living"
- Virginia Workforce Center: Career and job resources from the Virginia Community College System